By Constantine C. Menges
In a ebook that's as absolute to be as arguable because it is meticulously researched, a former targeted assistant to the president for nationwide safety Affairs and senior legitimate of the principal Intelligence service provider exhibits that the U.S. should be headed towards a nuclear face-off with communist China inside of 4 years. And it definitively unearths how China is gradually pursuing a stealthy, systematic technique to reach geopolitical and financial dominance first in Asia and Eurasia, then in all probability globally, in the subsequent twenty. utilizing lately declassified records, statements by way of Russian and chinese language leaders mostly missed within the Western media, and groundbreaking research and investigative paintings, Menges explains China's plan completely, exposing:
- China's tools of financial control.
- China's mystery alliance with Russia and different anti-America countries, together with North Korea.
- China's turning out to be army and nuclear power-over ninety ICBMs, lots of them geared toward U.S. cities.
- How China and Russia were liable for weaponizing terrorists bent on harming the U.S.
- Damage brought on by China's exchange strategies (since 1990, now we have misplaced eight million jobs because of China alternate surpluses).
Read or Download China: The Gathering Threat PDF
Best freedom & security books
This booklet incorporates a worldwide comparative research of implementation and tracking mechanisms for nationwide incapacity options. It contains a comparative learn that was once performed at foreign, nearby and comparative kingdom degrees and that highlights serious luck elements in imposing incapacity options or motion plans world-wide.
This groundbreaking paintings demanding situations modernist army technological know-how and explores how a extra open layout epistemology is turning into an enticing substitute to an army employees tradition rooted in a monistic clinical paradigm. the writer deals clean sociological avenues to develop into extra institutionally reflexive - to provide various layout frames of reference, past these typified by means of smooth army doctrine.
China's upward push has elicited envy, admiration, and worry between its associates. even if a lot has been written approximately this, prior insurance portrays occasions as decided nearly completely via Beijing. Such money owed reduce or forget about the opposite facet of the equation: specifically, what members, company actors, and governments in different nations do to draw, form, take advantage of, or deflect chinese language involvement.
Legislation Enforcement Interpersonal verbal exchange and clash administration: The impression version offers legislation enforcement execs with a complete, easy-to-follow version designed particularly to enhance communications with sufferers, witnesses, topics, and different individuals of the general public. Harnessing 30 years of entrance line legislation enforcement event, writer Brian D.
- The Future Security Environment in the Middle East: Conflict, Stability, and Political Change: Conflict, Stability and Political Change
- The Future of Intelligence
- Civil-Military Relations in Perspective: Strategy, Structure and Policy
- Negotiating the Arctic: The Construction of an International Region (Studies in International Relations)
Additional resources for China: The Gathering Threat
China: The Gathering Threat by Constantine C. Menges