By Hamid Bolouri
This booklet serves as an creation to the myriad computational ways to gene regulatory modeling and research, and is written in particular with experimental biologists in brain. Mathematical jargon is shunned and motives are given in intuitive phrases. In circumstances the place equations are unavoidable, they're derived from first ideas or, no less than, an intuitive description is equipped. huge examples and various version descriptions are supplied to be used in either school room routines in addition to self-guided exploration and studying. As such, the ebook is perfect for self-learning and in addition because the foundation of a semester-long direction for undergraduate and graduate scholars in molecular biology, bioengineering, genome sciences, or structures biology.
- What Is a method, and Why should still We Care?
- What types Can and can't Predict
- Why Make Computational versions of Gene Regulatory Networks?
- Graphical Representations of Gene Regulatory Networks
- Implicit Modeling through interplay community Maps
- The Biochemical foundation of Gene Regulation
- A Single-Cell version of Transcriptional Regulation
- Simplified versions: Mass-Action Kinetics
- Simplified versions: Boolean and Multi-valued Logic
- Simplified versions: Bayesian Networks
- The dating among good judgment and Bayesian Networks
- Network Inference in Practice
- Searching DNA Sequences for Transcription issue Binding Sites
- Model choice Theory
- Simplified types — GRN kingdom Signatures in Data
- System Dynamics
- Robustness Analysis
- GRN Modules and development Blocks
- Notes on info Processing for GRN Modeling
- Applications of Computational GRN Modeling
- Quo Vadis
Readership: Undergraduate- and graduate-level experimental biology scholars and researchers and practising biologists; computational biology scholars and researchers; scholars and researchers in bioengineering, genome sciences, and comparable disciplines.
Read Online or Download Computational Modeling of Gene Regulatory Networks — A Primer PDF
Best genetics books
Humans have hunted for the fountain of juvenile all over the place from Bimini to St. Augustine. yet for a steadfast crew of scientists, the key to a longevity lies in other places: within the lowly lab bug. via suppressing the functionality of quite a few key genes, those scientists have been capable of extend worms’ lifespans as much as tenfold, whereas additionally controlling the onset of the various actual difficulties that beset previous age.
This new quantity of tools in Enzymology maintains the legacy of this greatest serial with caliber chapters authored through leaders within the box. This quantity covers microbial metagenomics, metatranscriptomics, and metaproteomics, and comprises chapters on such issues as in-solution FISH for unmarried mobilephone genome education, guidance of BAC libraries from marine microbial neighborhood DNA, and coaching of microbial group cDNA for metatranscriptomic research in marine plankton.
What does technology say approximately race? during this booklet a distinct learn geneticist provides plentiful facts exhibiting that conventional notions approximately exact racial modifications have little medical foundation. In brief, racism is not only morally unsuitable; it has no foundation in reality. the writer lucidly describes intimately the standards that experience ended in the present clinical consensus approximately race.
The 1st of its type, this reference supplies a finished yet concise creation to epigenetics earlier than protecting the numerous interactions among hormone legislation and epigenetics in any respect degrees. The contents are rather well dependent with out overlaps among chapters, and every one beneficial properties supplementary fabric to be used in displays.
- Molecular Biology of Woody Plants: Volume 2: 002 (Forestry Sciences)
- Genetics, Genomics and Breeding of Conifers (Genetics, Genomics and Breeding of Crop Plants)
- In Situ Molecular Pathology and Co-Expression Analyses
- The GMO Deception: What You Need to Know about the Food, Corporations, and Government Agencies Putting Our Families and Our Environment at Risk
- Imaging and Spectroscopic Analysis of Living Cells: Live Cell Imaging of Cellular Elements and Functions: 505 (Methods in Enzymology)
Extra info for Computational Modeling of Gene Regulatory Networks — A Primer
Computational Modeling of Gene Regulatory Networks — A Primer by Hamid Bolouri