By Steve Leibson
Processor cores for SOC designs may be way more plastic than microprocessor ICs for board-level procedure designs. Shaping those cores for particular purposes produces far better processor potency and lots more and plenty reduce approach clock charges. jointly, Tensilica’s Xtensa and Diamond processor cores represent a kin of software-compatible microprocessors overlaying an incredibly broad functionality diversity from easy keep an eye on processors, to DSPs, to 3-way superscalar processors. but all of those processors use an analogous software-development instruments in order that programmers accustomed to one processor within the kin can simply swap to another.
This booklet emphasizes a processor-centric MPSOC (multiple-processor SOC) layout type formed through the realities of the 21st-century and nanometer silicon. It advocates the task of projects to firmware-controlled processors each time attainable to maximise SOC flexibility, minimize energy dissipation, decrease the scale and variety of hand-built good judgment blocks, scale down the linked verification attempt, and reduce the final layout risk.
· a necessary, no-nonsense advisor to the layout of 21st-century mega-gate SOCs utilizing nanometer silicon.
· Discusses brand new key concerns affecting SOC layout, in accordance with author's many years of non-public adventure in constructing huge electronic structures as a layout engineer whereas operating at Hewlett-Packard's computer laptop department and at EDA computing device pioneer Cadnetix, and protecting such subject matters as an award-winning expertise journalist and editor-in-chief for EDN journal and the Microprocessor Report.
· Explores conventionally permitted limitations and perceived limits of processor-based method layout after which explodes those man made constraints via a clean outlook on and dialogue of the unique skills of processor cores designed in particular for SOC design.
· Thorough exploration of the evolution of processors and processor cores used for ASIC and SOC layout with a glance at the place the has come from, and the place it really is going.
· Easy-to-understand reasons of the features of configurable and extensible processor cores via a close exam of Tensilica's configurable, extensible Xtensa processor middle and 6 pre-configured Diamond cores.
· the main complete overview to be had of the sensible features of configuring and utilizing a number of processor cores to accomplish very tough and impressive SOC fee, functionality, and tool layout goals.
Read Online or Download Designing SOCs with Configured Cores: Unleashing the Tensilica Xtensa and Diamond Cores (Systems on Silicon) PDF
Similar systems architecture books
. The mobilephone Processor from Sony, Toshiba and IBM (STI) , and the solar UltraSPARC T1 (formerly codenamed Niagara)  sign the becoming acclaim for such structures. additionally, Intel’s very lately introduced 80-core TeraFLOP chip  exemplifies the irreversible march towards many-core structures with tens or maybe hundreds and hundreds of processing components.
Software program is pervasive in our lives. we're familiar with facing the mess ups of a lot of that software program - restarting an program is a truly normal resolution. Such recommendations are unacceptable whilst the software program controls our vehicles, airplanes and scientific units or manages our deepest details. those functions needs to run with out mistakes.
This ebook covers the 2 wide components of the electronics and electric elements of keep an eye on purposes, highlighting the various types of keep watch over structures of relevance to real-life keep an eye on process layout. The keep an eye on options offered are state of the art. within the electronics part, readers will locate crucial info on microprocessor, microcontroller, mechatronics and electronics keep an eye on.
Key FeaturesLearn to construct high-performance Rust devices and combine them into your present applicationWork via recipes on functionality, robustness, protection, reminiscence administration, and scalabilityWork via recipes to construct overseas functionality interface with C, JS, and PythonBook DescriptionIf you're development concurrent functions, server-side courses, or high-performance purposes, you'll reap the benefits of this language.
- High-Performance Big-Data Analytics: Computing Systems and Approaches (Computer Communications and Networks)
- Fundamentals of Electronic Systems Design
- Heterogeneous System Architecture: A New Compute Platform Infrastructure
- A Framework for Complex System Development
- Failure Modes and Mechanisms in Electronic Packages
- Multiprocessor Scheduling for Real-Time Systems (Embedded Systems)
Additional resources for Designing SOCs with Configured Cores: Unleashing the Tensilica Xtensa and Diamond Cores (Systems on Silicon)
Designing SOCs with Configured Cores: Unleashing the Tensilica Xtensa and Diamond Cores (Systems on Silicon) by Steve Leibson